When you drive an vehicle on the road, it is essential to carry a proper Driving License. Driving a vehicle without a valid driving license is considered a crime or unethical. A driving License serves as a valid identification document. Always carry a proper Driving License if you prefer to drive on New Jersey roads. In case of any breach or violation of the law, the Department of Motor Vehicles will take away your privilege of driving, and once the license is confiscated, restoring it is an annoying process. Moreover, you need to pay a heavy price as a fine for breaking the traffic rules. It may even lead to the cancellation of your driving license. Without a driving permit, your day to day chores will be adversely affected.
Significant Reasons for the suspension of Driving License:
The purpose behind the suspension of Driving License includes:
- Drive under intoxication either Alcohol or drugs.
- An order has been issued the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) for suspending the driving license.
- When the order has been issued the judge to suspend the license.
- Incurring of more than twelve points under the driving record.
- Negligence to pay fine as per the court order.
- Overpassing another vehicle on highways.
- Driving without insurance and uncontrolled driving.
The amount of fines imposed on drivers for driving with a suspended license is huge. If the driver is caught red-handed, as per the N.J.S.A.39:3-40 section, the fine will be charged against driving while suspended protocol. The driver is under compulsion to pay a heavy fine around 500 to 750 dollars as per D.M.V, and Surcharges along with six months of suspension. This is applicable for the first time. In case of a second offense, if caught red-handed for the second time, the fine levied will be heavier with the next six months of suspension and imprisoned for a duration of five years.
Procedure to restore N.J. Drivers suspended License:
The suspending of driver’s license in New Jersey is not for an infinite period. In many cases, hiring a professional lawyer will assist you in restoring your suspended license. But, there are certain procedures that have to be followed to get back the suspended license. The suspect has to finish with the alcohol treatment program and compensate as per the norms. The charges include paying the restoration charges, alcohol treatment fund charges, drunken driving fees, neighborhood services charges, additionally one thousand dollars for a time period of three successive years as Surcharges. Accept the requisite for reclamation of New Jersey Driving License includes:
- Need to Pay the Drink Driving fund fee.
- Finish the entire suspension duration.
- Have to Pay the neighborhood service charges.
- Pay for the Driving License Restoration charges, which is a hundred dollars on NJMCDirect.com
- One thousand dollars fine to be paid for three successive years.
- An alcohol treatment program needs to be completed.
- Service charges for a period of six months have to be paid.
In case the driver is suspended three times within the duration of three years, he would probably lose his Driving License for three successive years.
Restoration charges for New Jersey Driving License:
Once the suspension period is completed, appropriate charges have to be paid and then, the Driving License will be returned back. The hundred dollar restoration charges can be paid In-person or via E-Mail. Once the penalties have been paid, the license will be returned to the driver.
In New Jersey, if your driving license gets suspended for some reason, you need to pay heavy penalties and Surcharges. The charges fluctuate as per the contravention. The above article will guide you to know the reason for the suspension of a driving license and the restoration charges that need to be reimbursed.